December 30, 2012

52.2/52 Walnuss-Makronen/Walnut Macaroons

You guys! I can't believe that this is the last post of 2012!
I really did it! I baked my way through 2012 and it really was fun.

I must apologize for posting more (Christmas) cookies as the last recipes but after all that cookie baking I am just not baking anything special for New Year's, I'm sorry...

So now what? I haven't decided what my next 'project' for 2013 will be. I think I will keep up this blog for the occasional recipe posting (because it's not like I will stop baking now...) but not for another 52 cakes'n'bakes.

So without further ado, let me present you with my very last post for 2012:

Walnuss Makronen/Walnut Macaroons
Adapted from kochbar.de

4 egg whites
pinch of salt 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 g powdered sugar
400 g walnuts, coarsely ground
edible paper wafer discs (Back-Oblaten) (optional)
  • Beat egg whites and salt until stiff. Stir in powdered sugar. Add walnuts. 
  • Using two teapsoons, make little heaps (on the Oblaten or straight on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper). 
  • Bake at 150°C (300°F) for 30 minutes.
My modifications:
I used vanilla extract instead of butter-vanilla-aroma. I made half on Oblaten, half straight on baking sheet and I liked the ones without Oblaten better.

The taste:
Yummy! 
But be aware that they are very crunchy in the beginning (and I was already disappointed) but they get better and more moist the longer you store them in an air-tight container.

What are your projects for 2013? Any 365 or 52 projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment