December 23, 2012

51.1/52 Eggnog Cookies

My grandma loves eggnog. And I have to admit that I like it more and more each year.
One of the gifts I will give my grandma this Christmas is homemade eggnog. I hope she will like it as I think that the rum I used was the kind that is actually too strong for eggnog...

These cookies were made with store-bought eggnog though.

Eggnog Cookies
Adapted from The Recipe Critic
 
250 g (1 1/4 cups) sugar
170 g (3/4 cup) butter, room temperature
150 ml (1/2 cup) eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
300 g (2 1/4 cups) flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Glaze:
200 g (1 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog
  • Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
  • Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat until smooth.
  • In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to the eggnog-butter mixture and beat until just combined.
  • Using two teaspoons, form small balls and put onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving enough room in-between balls. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
  • Bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool.
  • Combine powdered sugar and eggnog to make the glazing. Drizzle over the cookies and let dry.

My modifications:
None.

The taste:
I wasn't so convinced right away. But after a couple of days: mmmmhhhh! I guess they just need some time to develop their full flavor. Right now still an 'infrequent-calssic'.

Do you bake any 'alcoholic' cookies for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment