Happy New Year to all my readers! I hope it started well for everyone!
My 2013 started with my Grandma's 91st birthday. I think I already mentioned that she loooooves eggnog so of course I had to make her an eggnog cake.
Oh yeah, and I changed my mind about this blog. I will just start all over again and continue baking my way through the 52 weeks of 2013. I know. I must be crazy...
Fluffy Eggnogg Cake
Adapted from Hungry Little Girl
200 g (1 cup) sugar
114 g (1 stick) butter, softened
3 tablespoons sour cream
200 ml (3/4 cup) eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
280 g (2 cups) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
75 g (1/2 cup) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix together sugar, butter, sour cream, eggnog, vanilla, and egg until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared 20 cm (8 in) baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter. Top with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
- Pour some eggnog over each piece just before serving if you wish.
I omitted 1 teaspoon of rum extract, because I'm not the biggest fan of it.
So fluffy and moist and yummy and hazelnutty!
How did you start 2013? Any special recipes you made?