I l o v e French Toast.
But I haven't really made it much because - frankly - I've always been too lazy.
Plus - making only one or two at a time, the first ones getting cold until the last ones are done...
Not ideal, imho.
But with the version from the oven you can make as many as you want at the same time, all being done at the same time! Yay!
Perfect for feeding a breakfast or brunch crowd.
From now on, there will be a lot more French Toast at my house :)
Oven French Toast
From Rachael Ray
Serves 4 (or 2 with a bigger appetite):
120 ml (1/2 cup) half-and-half (or 60ml (1/4 cup) each of milk and heavy cream)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
pinch of salt
2-4 thick slices of toast/bread, in 2,5 cm / 1 in cubes
2 teaspoons melted butter
2 teaspoons sugar
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half (or milk and cream), syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Toss bread with melted butter and divide among 4 muffin cups or small ramequins.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and let sit while oven preheats to 175ºC (350ºF).
- Sprinkle bread mixture with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with more maple syrup and fresh berries.
None. I just reduced the recipe from 12 servings to 4.
The top is a bit on the dry side because the egg mixture doesn't cover it but that's totally fine. Just drown it in maple syrup ;) Otherwise: lovely, sweet, eggy, and perfect with those blueberries!
What is your favorite breakfast recipe?