July 1, 2015

26 | 52 Funfetti Cookies

Colorful sprinkles.
Don't they just make you happy?
Not necessarily eating them but just looking at them.
Very rare with any other food, I'd say.
(And yes, you might actually not want to categorize sprinkles as food...)

So. Let's bake something that will make you happy.
Cookies. Sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles. And cookies...


Funfetti Cookies

113 g (1 stick) butter, room temperature
150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
190 g (1 1/2 cups) flour
2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
100 g (3/4 cup) sprinkles
  • Beat together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract for about 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
  • Add dry ingredients (except for sprinkles) and beat to combine.
  • Fold in sprinkles.
  • Cool dough in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
  • Make balls with your hands, flatten them a bit, and put on your prepared cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 175ºC (350ºF) for 8-10 minutes. Make sure they don't start to brown. 
  • Let cool.
 
My modifications:
The recipe also called for almond extract which I omitted.
And I doubled the amounts because I wanted to give some cookies away. 

The taste:
I know I should be writing about the baked cookies.
That dough though. Don't even start tasting the dough before baking the cookies. It's dangerous. VERY dangerous. Don't say I didn't warn you.
And the baked cookies - they're alright, too :)

Which baking recipe makes you happy by just looking at one ingredient or the result?


No comments:

Post a Comment