Have you had enough of blueberries yet?
Oh wait - is that even possible?
Not for me. I could honestly eat them every day. Several times a day, actually.
I don't think I've ever made anything with blueberries and chocolate though.
Very strange. Because I could eat chocolate... - let's not talk about that.
So let's see what this blueberry chocolate concoction is all about...
From Hummingbird High
140 g (5 oz) dark chocolate
85 g (6 tablespoons) butter
200 g (1 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
100 g (3/4 cup) flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
140 g (1 cup) blueberries
2 tablespoon flour
70 g (1/2 cup) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a bain-marie.
- Combine the 140 g / 1 cup blueberries with the 2 tablespoons flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the brownie.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Add vanilla. Then add melted chocolate-butter mix.
- Fold in flour and salt (do not overmix). Carefully fold in floured blueberries.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Carefully press 70 g / 1/2 cup of blueberries into the brownie while still warm.
- Let cool and enjoy.
I reduced the sugar to 170 g (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon).
I wasn't 100% convinced when I took the first bite. But from the second bite onwards - berrylicious chocoliciousness. Definitely a fruit chocolate combo to keep and repeat. Often.
What's your favorite fruit chocolate combo?