Thanks to this blog, I finally started the Christmas baking.
So thank you blog, for putting at least a tiny bit of pressure on me.
Haselnuss-Spekulatius (Hazelnut Speculoos)
100 g hazelnuts, slivered
250 g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
50 g hazelnuts, ground
100 g butter, room temperature
100 g sugar
3 teaspoons Spekulatius/speculoos spice
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Put parchment paper on two cookie sheets and sprinkle slivered hazelnuts on them.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and ground hazelnuts.
- Beat together butter, sugar, spice, and salt. Add egg and beat until creamy. Add flour mix at once and work into butter mix.
- Roll dough 3-4 mm (about 0.15 in) thick and cut into rectangles (about 4 x 6 cm/1.6 x 2.4 in). Put each one on the slivered hazelnuts, press lightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Very yummy. But not very christmassy. More speculoos spice next time, maybe.
What are your favorite Christmas cookies to bake?