I know, I know.
It's the second of advent and I should really be baking christmas cookies.
The thing is: I am so not in the christmas mood yet. But soon!
Until then - let's enjoy the autumnal taste of pumpkin spice again.
Paired with chocolate in the form of brownies.
Sound good? I think so.
Pumpkin Spice Brownies
125 g (4.4 oz) dark chocolate
125 g (1.1 stick) butter
100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 g (3/4 cup) flour
pinch of salt
283 g (10 oz) Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate-butter.
- Fold in flour and salt until just combined. Add 140 g (5 oz) of candy melts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt remaining candy melts and frost brownies with it.
I reduced the amount of sugar by 75 g because I knew that the candy melts will bring additional sweetness.
I also added the candy melts to the batter and as frosting.
Sweet but very good in a pumpkin spice kind of way. I'm really glad that put off the cookie baking and made this today instead.