December 8, 2013

49*52 Pumpkin Spice Brownies

I know, I know.
It's the second of advent and I should really be baking christmas cookies.
The thing is: I am so not in the christmas mood yet. But soon!

Until then - let's enjoy the autumnal taste of pumpkin spice again.
Paired with chocolate in the form of brownies.
Sound good? I think so.

Pumpkin Spice Brownies
Adapted from Sweet & Easy: Enie backt via Sixx

125 g (4.4 oz) dark chocolate
125 g (1.1 stick) butter
3 eggs
100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 g (3/4 cup) flour
 pinch of salt
  • Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
  • Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie.
  • In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
  • Add melted chocolate-butter.
  • Fold in flour and salt until just combined. Add 140 g (5 oz) of candy melts.
  • Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
  • Melt remaining candy melts and frost brownies with it.
My modifications:
I reduced the amount of sugar by 75 g because I knew that the candy melts will bring additional sweetness.
I also added the candy melts to the batter and as frosting.

The taste:
Sweet but very good in a pumpkin spice kind of way. I'm really glad that put off the cookie baking and made this today instead.

Do you have any great baking recipes using candy melts?

No comments:

Post a Comment