September 16, 2015

37 | 52 Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

I might have told you before: I LOVE peanut butter.
I don't think I even have to mention chocolate....

And yes, overripe banana time it was again!
And I had a feeling I needed some kind of banana bread that was a bit different to the usual one. And then I stumbled upon this.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Adapted from Broma Bakery

80 g (1/3 cup) peanut butter
150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
2 eggs
65 g (1/2 cup) cocoa, unsweetened
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
130 g (1 cup) flour
  • Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
  • Mix together peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, olive oil, and eggs. 
  • Stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda, salt, and vanilla. Add flour last and mix until just combined.
  • Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
 
My modifications:
Since I only had crunchy peanut butter at home, that's what I used and it was very good.
I didn't put banana slices on top before baking. And I omitted the 'frosting'.
Otherwise - no changes to the original recipe.

The taste:
Good. But a bit on the dry side and a bit too dark chocolatey, for my taste.
So definitely a diffferent banana bread but not my favorite one.

What's your favorite banana bread? Would be cool if you shared the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment