September 22, 2013

38*52 Brezel-Muffins

Oktoberfest in Munich has started!

I actually don't find this exciting news at all, but why not bake something that fits into the Oktoberfest theme?

Plus - and this was actually the main reason for the recipe below - I forgot about 2 pretzels I had bought so I wanted to make something using these stale pretzels.


Brezel-Muffins
Original recipe with inspiration help by kochbar.de and ichkoche.at

2 Brezeln/pretzels, stale
1 onion
250 ml milk
2 eggs
8 olives, green
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons flour
75 g cheese, grated
  • Cut the pretzels into slices and/or pieces. Mix milk and eggs and pour over pretzel pieces, let soak for about 15 minutes.
  • Cut onion into small pieces and fry in a pan until translucent. Add to the pretzel-milk-egg mix. 
  • Cut olives into small slices and add as well. Dust baking powder and flour over pretzel-mix and combine. Add grated cheese and mix.
  • Pour into prepared muffin pan and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 20-30 minutes. 
My modifications:
None, since it is my recipe. I just used the two recipes mentioned above for inspiration.

The taste:
Good! Like a bread/pretzel dumpling in muffin shape. And a bit like an omelette. It's great with pumpkin soup!

What's your favorite recipe for using stale bread or other food that has to be used up?


No comments:

Post a Comment