Phew. I mean. Could this name be any longer???
But it all boils down to this:
Peanut butter - yes, please!
Chocolate Chip Cookie - always!
Cheesecake - yum!
Any more questions?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
From A Pinch of Yum
114 g (1 stick) butter, room temperature
100 g (1/2 cup) white sugar
70 g (1/3 cup) packed brown sugar
130 g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
140 g (1 cup) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teapsoon salt
50 g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
230 g (2 cups) chocolate chips
230 g (8 oz) cream cheese
70 g (1/3 cup) sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- For the cookie dough, beat together butter, sugars, and peanut putter until smooth.
- Add egg and beat to incorporate. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt, and slowly add it to the butter mix. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- For the cheesecake filling, cream together cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- Put half (or a bit more) of the cookie dough in your pan (square 22 cm / 9 in) and press to the bottom. Pour the filling on top of it. Crumble remaining cookie dough over the filling.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in the fridge.
I had to change some things because I didn't have everything at home.
I used 60 g coconut oil (1/2 cup) instead of the butter. I reduced the white sugar to 75 g (1/3 cup) in the dough and 55 g (1/4 cup) in the cheesecake filling. I only used 200 g of chocolate chips (and even that is quite a lot!).
What can I say. It's as finger lickin' good as you would think it is. Definitely a keeper!
And my cookie bottom and top even tasted a bit more like cookie dough (unbaked), which I love. But that might just be because of my modifications.