December 30, 2015

52 | 52 Knäckebröd (Swedish Crisp Bread)

I can't believe that 2015 is almost over already.

It's been kind of a strange year but the baking was like the years before - from ridiculously yummy to not so good at all.

Wishing you just the best for 2016 and all your baking (and other) projects.
I will take a break from blogging (not baking) but I might be back in 2017.
So stay tuned ;)

And like last time, I will end the year with something savory.
You'll love it, I'm sure.

 

Knäckebröd (Swedish Crisp Bread)
From Chefkoch

300 g (2 1/3 cups) spelt or whole wheat flour
30 g (2 generous tablespoons) butter
250 ml (1 cup) milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 knife point baking powder
2 tablespoons seeds of your choice (sesame, poppy, pumpkin, sunflower, chia...)
and/or 1 tablespoon dried herbs (dill works very well, rosemary, oregano...
  • Knead all ingredients together (yes, it's sticky but don't worry). Let sit for 5 minutes.
  • Roll dough very thinly (about 5 mm/0.2 in) between 2 sheets of parchment paper (but be prepared for a lot of it to stick to the top paper) or just use your fingers to spread the dough thinly on a piece of parchment paper (this worked better for me). Cut into stripes or squares and poke some holes with a fork.
  • Bake at 220°C (425°F). for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it and adjust the time (don't let it burn but leave it in a bit longer if it's not crispy enough after 20 minutes).
  • Do not store in an airtight container or plastic bag or it will go soft. I just wrapped it in parchment paper.
 

My modifications:
I used half spelt and half whole wheat flour and I would do it like this again. And I made one half with pumpkin seeds, the other half with dill.

The taste:
Delicious! I don't think I will buy it again. It's so quick and easy.

What's your favorite bread recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment