March 25, 2015

12 | 52 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars

Phew. I mean. Could this name be any longer???

But it all boils down to this:
Peanut butter - yes, please! 
Chocolate Chip Cookie - always!
Cheesecake - yum!

Any more questions?


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars

114 g (1 stick) butter, room temperature
100 g (1/2 cup) white sugar
70 g (1/3 cup) packed brown sugar
130 g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
1 egg
140 g (1 cup) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teapsoon salt
50 g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
230 g (2 cups) chocolate chips
230 g (8 oz) cream cheese
70 g (1/3 cup) sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
  • For the cookie dough, beat together butter, sugars, and peanut putter until smooth. 
  • Add egg and beat to incorporate. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt, and slowly add it to the butter mix. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
  • For the cheesecake filling, cream together cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
  • Put half (or a bit more) of the cookie dough in your pan (square 22 cm / 9 in) and press to the bottom. Pour the filling on top of it. Crumble remaining cookie dough over the filling.
  • Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
  • Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in the fridge.

My modifications:
I had to change some things because I didn't have everything at home.
I used 60 g coconut oil (1/2 cup) instead of the butter. I reduced the white sugar to 75 g (1/3 cup) in the dough and 55 g (1/4 cup) in the cheesecake filling. I only used 200 g of chocolate chips (and even that is quite a lot!). 

The taste:
What can I say. It's as finger lickin' good as you would think it is. Definitely a keeper!
And my cookie bottom and top even tasted a bit more like cookie dough (unbaked), which I love. But that might just be because of my modifications. 

What's your favorite recipe with a long (or complicated) name?

No comments:

Post a Comment