February 11, 2015

6 | 52 Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bars

Quick & easy. But still yummy.
Sometimes that's just what I need. And I'm sure you do, too.

I know, I know... This is the time to present you with a Valetine's Day recipe. 
You'll get it next week - I promise. V-Day will be over then but it will come around again next year. 
And isn't it nicer to surprise your special someone on a different day anyway?

So, for right now: a recipe that couldn't be any quicker & easier. But yummy nonetheless.

Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bars


256 g (2 cups) flour
200 g (1 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 small or 2 big apples (peeled, cored, and diced)
125 g (4oz) butter, melted
1 egg
powdered sugar for dusting
  • Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
  • Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add diced apples. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add egg and combine.
  • Put crumbled dough into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Dust with powedered sugar, if you wish.

My modifications:
None.
But next time I would reduce the sugar by half, maybe add a bit more apple dices and about 60 g (2 oz) butter. It would be less sweet (obviously) and a bit more moist/less dense. I think I'd like it even better then.

The taste:
Very yummy! Comfort food category, I would say. And you can never go wrong with Streusel. Or apple. Or cinnamon. Right?
But - it was a bit too sweet (any a tiny bit too dense) for my taste - hence my suggestions above.

What's your favorite quick & easy (baking) recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment