I hope you're enjoying this special season among family and friends, with lots of laughter and good food.
In case you're looking for a last-minute baking project - these Hazelnut Cinnamon Macaroons might be it:
Hazelnut Cinnamon Macaroons
50 g (3 1/2 tablespoons) butter, melted
60 g (1/3 cup) sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
200 g (2 cups) hazelnuts, ground
1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Divide eggs.
- Mix together egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, ground hazelnuts, flour, and melted butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the egg yolk mix.
- Make heaps using two teaspoons and put onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
Like Christmas. Nuts and cinnamon. You can't go wrong with this combination.
What are your favorite Christmas macaroons?