Do you like Dr. Pepper?
My hubby does. He LOVES it.
So of course I had to make him a Dr. Pepper Cake for his birthday.
And you know what? I was only able to take pictures from the outside.
So sorry, guys!
Dr. Pepper Cake with Dr. Pepper Frosting
From Homemade Hooplah
For the cake:
260 g (2 cups) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
30 g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, unsweetened
227 g (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
200 g (1 cup) sugar
110 g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
240 ml (1 cup) Dr. Pepper
120 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
For the frosting:
260 g (2 cups) powdered sugar
57 g (1/4 cup) butter, at room temperature
85 g (3 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoon Dr. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Combine flour, baking sodar, and cocoa powder.
- Beat together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add half the flour mix and combine. Add Dr. Pepper. Add other half of flour mix and buttermilk. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Let cool.
- For the frosting, beat together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Add the Dr. Pepper one spoon at a time to make sure that the frosting won't get too liquid.
- Decorate cake as you wish.
I made a cake (not muffins). And I only made half the frosting because I didn't need that much. The amounts above (for the frosting) are already cut in half.
Like a very dense chocolate cake with a hint of Dr. Pepper. Even with the frosting - just a hint. So next time, I would make a nice, moist chocolate cake and serve it with a glass of Dr. Pepper. Sorry.
Have you tried baking with sodas? Coke, Fanta, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Root Beer?
How was the result?