I know, I know...
This name is way too long.
Maybe we should call this week's recipe LBCSB?
Or something like: The Perfect Summer Treat?
No, not very convincing...
But no matter its name - it's just pure yumminess.
It combines everything you love (or at least everything I love):
Lemon. Blueberries. Cheesecake. Streusel.
Summer. Freshness. Yum.
So give these a try. And do let me know if you come up with a good, short name.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel Bars
From Inspired Taste
For the crust
9 graham cracker rectangles
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
57 g (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
454 g (16 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
150 g (1 1/2 cups) fresh blueberries
For the topping
1 cup light brown sugar
100 g (3/4 cup) flour
85 g (3/4 stick) butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- For the crust, place graham crackers, sugar, and lemon zest into your food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are moistened. If you don't have a food processor, make crumbs the old-fashioned way: place crackers in a plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin (or the like) until you get crumbs. Place crumbs in a bowl together with the remaining crust ingredients and stir until crumbs are moistened.
- Press crumb mix into your prepared square pan (23 cm / 9 in) and bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust and top with blueberries.
- For the streusel topping, combine all ingredients with your hands until you have a (more or less) crumbly dough. Crumble over the filling.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool 1 hour at room temperature, then at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving.
Delicious! It really combines so many good things that you can't go wrong with it. And it tastes like pure summer. Not light but still refreshing.
What's your favorite baked summer treat?