October 6, 2013

40*52 (One of the best) Chocolate Cake(s)

It was my last week at job no1. And my birthday was coming up.

So I decided to make small cakes as a farewell gift and as a birthday cake advance.

Little did I know that I would pick a recipe that will now be my absolute goto chocolate cake recipe. Seriously - it is so easy, so quick, and so absolutely delish. Try it.

(One of the best) Chocolate Cake(s)

250 g (9 oz) dark chocolate
210 g (7.5 oz) butter
250 g (9 oz) powdered sugar
5 eggs
75 g (2.5 oz) ground almonds

Glaze
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate
50 ml (2 fl oz) milk
75 g (2.5 oz) butter
Whisky (optional)
  • Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
  • Melt chocolate, butter, and sugar in a bain-marie. Stir until melted, cool slightly. Beat in the eggs, then fold in ground almonds.
  • Pour into prepared cake or springform pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until the center is just set. Let cool in pan.
  • For the glaze, melt chocolate, milk, and butter in a bain-marie. Stir in whisky, if desired.
  • Let cool until it thickened a bit, remove cake from pan, and pour glaze over top of cake.

My modifications:
I used only half of the ingredients (because I didn't have that much chocolate at hand and because I thought it would be enough for our small team) but I used 3 eggs.
I also used small paper cake pans because I think they are cute and perfect if you want to hand out cake as small presents. From half the amount of batter I got 6 small cakes which was the perfect amount for the occassion.
Oh, and I did bake these small cakes for 40 minutes because I just thought they didn't look done before.
Next time I would only leave it in the oven a bit longer (with the door open) when it's done because it did fall together a bit (like a soufflé).

The taste:
Oh. My. So so so good! Especially with the very moist center.
As I said - this will be my number 1 chocolate cake recipe from now on.

Have you found a recipe lately that will be your number 1 from now on?

No comments:

Post a Comment