June 30, 2013

26*52 White Chocolate-Lime Cake

We had guests for dinner last night and I made a very yummy and refreshing lemon cream dessert. I thought that serving just the cream dessert would be a bit boring so I wanted to bake something to go with it. 
Why not with limes and maybe chocolate? So I stumbled upon this week's recipe.

Oh, and I originally wanted to cut the cake into rounds and serve them like that but when I took out my circle cutters in 3 different sizes, I was inspired to make mini 3 tiered cakes. 
And they looked very cute. Definitely something I should do more often.

White Chocolate-Lime Cake
Adapted from About.com

190 g (1 1/2 cups) flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
160 g (3/4 cup) sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons lime juice
175 ml (2/3 cup) buttermilk
5 tablespoons white chocolate cocoa powder

Glaze
130 g (1 cup) powdered sugar
lime juice
  • Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
  • In another bowl, whisk together oil and sugar, add eggs, lime juice, and buttermilk.
  • Fold in dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into prepared cake pan.
  • Bake at 175°C (350°F) for about 20-25 minutes.
  • Let cool completely and glaze.

My modifications:
I used oil instead of (the same amount of) butter. Cut down the flour and the sugar by 1/4 cup. Omitted the lime zest but doubled the juice. Replaced 1 cup of white chocolate chips with the white chocolate cocoa powder.

The taste:
Very citrussy. Not very chocolatey. Nothing out of the ordinary but yummy nonetheless.

What do you usually serve guests for dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment