September 23, 2012

38/52 Pumpkin-Apple-Pizza

I recently reveiced this recipe for a Pumpkin Tarte Flambée in my inbox and immediately wanted to try it.
Reading through it again to prepare my shopping list, I didn't really feel like it anymore. Mostly due to laziness (having to roll out the dough really thin just kind of put me off...).
So I started looking for similar recipes, also Pumpkin Pizzas, and just created my own mix of them all.

Pumpkin-Apple-Pizza 

Feeds 4

1 ready-made pizza dough
3 tablespoons sour cream salt & pepper
marjoram (or other herbs)
2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
1 onion, sliced
400 g (14 oz) pumpkin (or squash - I used butternut), peeled & thinly sliced
2 small apples, peeled & thinly sliced
100 g (3.5 oz) feta cheese, coarsely crumbled

  • Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F) (or according to package instructions). Put pizza dough on baking sheet. 
  • Season sour cream with salt & pepper and herb of your choice (I used dried marjoram) and spread evenly on dough. 
  • Sprinkle parmesan evenly over sour cream. 
  • First arrange onion slices, then pumpkin slices, then apple slices on sour cream-parmesan. 
  • Crumble feta over it and bake for about 30 minutes (or however long your pumpkin and dough need). Serve with (green) salad.

My modifications: 
None, since this is my own creation.
If you like meat, you could modify it by adding bacon pieces. I'm sure that would be nice as well.

The taste: 
Like autumn... Like more...


What is your favorite autumn (baking) recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment