I recently reveiced this recipe for a Pumpkin Tarte Flambée in my inbox and immediately wanted to try it.
Reading through it again to prepare my shopping list, I didn't really feel like it anymore. Mostly due to laziness (having to roll out the dough really thin just kind of put me off...).
So I started looking for similar recipes, also Pumpkin Pizzas, and just created my own mix of them all.
1 ready-made pizza dough
3 tablespoons sour cream salt & pepper
marjoram (or other herbs)
2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
1 onion, sliced
400 g (14 oz) pumpkin (or squash - I used butternut), peeled & thinly sliced
2 small apples, peeled & thinly sliced
100 g (3.5 oz) feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F) (or according to package instructions). Put pizza dough on baking sheet.
- Season sour cream with salt & pepper and herb of your choice (I used dried marjoram) and spread evenly on dough.
- Sprinkle parmesan evenly over sour cream.
- First arrange onion slices, then pumpkin slices, then apple slices on sour cream-parmesan.
- Crumble feta over it and bake for about 30 minutes (or however long your pumpkin and dough need). Serve with (green) salad.
None, since this is my own creation.
If you like meat, you could modify it by adding bacon pieces. I'm sure that would be nice as well.
Like autumn... Like more...
What is your favorite autumn (baking) recipe?